Our commitment to you during COVID-19
There is nothing more important to us than the safety and well-being of our colleagues, customers and communities. As a family company, we understand that the interconnectedness of our lives means that the actions we take within our business have an impact on countless others, including family members and friends.
We share your concerns about the spread of COVID-19 globally. We are committed to doing our part to reduce COVID’s impact as quickly as possible, while maintaining our supply and service to you.
Alltech’s business spans more than 120 countries, so monitoring of COVID first began when it emerged in China. In spite of the many challenges, Alltech China has continued serving our customers, and we have been able to maintain production and continuity of supply due to the strict biosecurity controls that we had already established prior to COVID-19.
As COVID-19 expanded its reach, we responded by establishing a dedicated COVID-19 task force representing all regions of the world. Together, with a team of senior management, we review the latest information, including the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on a daily basis to adapt our approach to this dynamic and evolving situation.
A few of the specific actions we have taken to prioritise the safety of our team and the continuity of our service to our customers include:
1. COVID-19 company policy – Our policy addresses limitations on the travel of our team, including contractors and consultants, as well as other required practices to safeguard all of our sites.This is something we are reviewing daily and continually updating to ensure best practice.
2. No outside visitors – While Alltech Coppens is maintaining some business-critical meetings, we are utilizing virtual meeting platforms as an alternative or are postponing visits to a future date.
We are not allowing tours or visits to our facilities at this time. Truck drivers making deliveries or pickups are asked to stay within their cabs or as close to their trucks as possible. This measure is a first line of defence to safeguard against any known risks.
3. Enhanced cleaning protocols – In addition to our regular cleaning services, we have enhanced our procedures to occur at more frequent intervals and with greater attention to the disinfection of all surfaces.
4. Team member health – We have required that any team member who is feeling ill will not return to the office until they have been free of a fever for more than 24 hours, without fever-reducing medications. Any high-risk exposure or confirmed case of COVID-19 necessitates a 14-day quarantine.
5. Operational continuity – Alltech operates nearly 100 manufacturing facilities around the world. Our global infrastructure enables us to shift production if necessary. Alltech Coppens is working closely with all of our manufacturing teams to ensure operational continuity and service to our customers. We have implemented plans for all critical business units to work remotely, if required. As part of this, we continue to stress-test our systems and implement safeguards on the security of all data and technology.
6. Supply chain – We have been in contact with our key suppliers to review the status of all raw materials and have been reassured of continuity. Because the majority of Alltech Coppens’ materials and services are sourced locally, our manufacturing and logistics capabilities position us favourably to continue to consistently serve our customers.
You can be assured that we will be staying in connection with you. Likewise, please keep in communication with our team, and let us know if you have any questions, concerns or additional needs.
We will continue to adapt to the challenges COVID-19 presents, focused foremost on your safety and ongoing service. Although COVID-19 has created unprecedented uncertainty, you can have complete confidence in our commitment to you.
Alltech and Alltech Coppens